A Word From Your New Programming ChairsPBHA / Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 / Comments Off
Dear friends of PBHA,
We hope the semester is getting off to a great start! Our names are Emily and Francesca, and we are thrilled to be serving as the 2013 Programming Co-Chairs. As Programming Chairs, we are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of PBHA’s programs as well as long-term initiatives and visions based on the organization’s programmatic goals and strategic priorities. As our backgrounds with the organization mainly stem from our involvement with the Summer Urban Program and term-time after school programs, we are very excited to have the opportunity to get to know and support all programs across PBHA.
In the past month, we’ve been busy setting goals for the year, hosting orientations for new directors, chairing weekly meetings with officers and staff, and planning this year’s cabinet meetings. Though snowstorm Nemo interfered with our plans for this year’s Spring Cabinet Retreat, we are excited to kick of our 2013 cabinet meetings on March 6th!
Here is a short preview of a few things we’re hoping to accomplish this year:
- Make PBHA a more inclusive community for directors, volunteers, and program participants
- Build a new culture around our exciting new database and other technological novelties being rolled out this year
- Host meaningful cabinets that create a sense of community
- Foster communication and collaboration among directors, officers, staff, and programs
- Provide directors with resources and support that ensure the highest quality for all our programs
If you have any questions or input regarding programming, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Emily Wong and Francesca Smith