SUP Camper Application
Register your camper for the Summer Urban Program!
Applications for SUP is now open!
Priority deadline is May 15th, 2021
Contact (617) 249-3293 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Phillips Brooks House Association’s Summer Urban Program (SUP) provides both academic instruction and summer recreation to 650 children between the ages of 6 and 13. An additional 100 English Language Learners between the ages of 14-19 are served by SUP’s Refugee Youth Summer Enrichment Program (RYSE). Each summer, child and counselor embark on weeks of learning, field trips, camping trips, new friends, strong mentors – a summer of positive growth and development. The program is structured into neighborhood camps, which are then broken down into classrooms of about 10 children from the same age group, and each classroom is run by a college-student “senior counselor” and a teen from the community, “junior counselor.”
SUP Camps by Neighborhoods/Communities
- Boston Refugee Youth Enrichment (BRYE) – English language learners, Dorchester
- Cambridge Youth Enrichment Program (CYEP)
- Chinatown Adventure (CHAD)
- Franklin I-O (FIO) – Franklin Field & Hill neighborhoods
- Keylatch Summer Program (KSP) – South End, Lower Roxbury
- Mission Hill Summer Program (MHSP)
- Native American Youth Enrichment Program (NAYEP) – in Jamaica Plain, Boston-wide accepted
- Refugee Youth Summer Enrichment (RYSE) – high school English language learners; city-wide
- Roxbury Youth Initiative (RYI)
- South Boston Outreach Summer (SBOS)
- Junior Leaders in Communities (JLinC) – city-wide
This summer we hope to continue supporting youth and families through the COVID-19 crisis. To do this camp will be conducted online this summer. Camp will begin Tuesday, July 6 and run through Friday, August 13. We recognize the need to balance screen time with activities that happen offline. Camps will offer 2-3 hours per day of online workshops and one on one mentoring and tutoring. Staff will provide families with activities that they can do at home. Camps will also send home a summer activity kit with materials for art, STEM, and physical movement. There is a $50 registration fee for each child. If this fee presents a challenge to you please contact us so we can provide you information about our camperships.
- Monday- Thursday: 10:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-4:00pm (online sessions)
- Friday 10:00am-12:00pm (online session)
- Friday: asynchronous activity kit to do at home
- One-on-one mentoring session with your senior counselor per week
- Pending Approval: Optional Pod Sessions in local parks: 1-2 two hour sessions per week running concurrently to online programming (e.g. M& W from 10:00am-12:00pm). We are currently developing this programming and will confirm by May 1st whether it will be available for the summer of 2021.
Apply for a Camper Scholarship or Payment Plan (English)
Solicitud de Plan de Pago y Becas (Spanish)
Chương trình thanh toán và học bổng chương trình đô thị mùa hè PBHA 2020 (Vietnamese)
Pay Here Using PBHA’s Secure Pay Pal Account (Please pay only if you have received an email from your child’s camp confirming their acceptance).
Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis and should ideally be submitted by June 1 to ensure that your camper received their summer activity kit before the start of program. Priority will be given to returning campers, low income families, and children representing the communities/neighborhoods that each camp serves. Please make sure to indicate which camp you are applying to and take the time to fill it out completely to be considered. You must fill out one application for each participating child. If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to call us at (617) 249-3293 or email email@example.com. We look forward to meeting and working with you.
Phillips Brooks House Association’s Summer Urban Program complies with M.G.L.c111, ss. 3 and 127A and is licensed by the City of Boston’s Inspectional Services Department.
All information is subject to change